Welcome to Penhill benefice: This benefice, which covers a large part of picturesque Wensleydale, consists of Aysgarth church (St Andrew’s), Castle Bolton church (St Oswald’s), Preston under Scar church (St Margaret’s), Redmire church (St Mary’s), Wensley church (Holy Trinity) and West Witton church (St Bartholomew’s) and Thornton Rust Mission Room.
Aysgarth church -St Andrew’s is open every day from 9am to 6pm in summer (or until dusk in winter) so why not pop in and see the famous Jervaulx Screen.
The medieval church of Holy Trinity at Wensley is also open each day, 9am to 4pm.
Car parking at St Andrew’s: RCP Parking (Church Bank) has kindly agreed to free parking on Sunday mornings for those who regularly attend St Andrew’s. Permits are available from Margaret Ferguson (650685). The charge for evening concerts is £1.50 and permits at reduced rates are available for weddings and funerals. A big thank you to RCP Parking!
Sunday January 19
- Aysgarth church – Holy Communion at 11am
- Preston under Scar church – Holy Communion at 9.30am
- Redmire church – Holy Communion at 9.30am
- West Witton church – Morning Prayer at 9.30am
Sunday January 26
- Aysgarth church – Morning Service at 11am
- Preston under Scar church – Morning Prayer at 9.30am
- Redmire church – Morning Service at 9.30am
- Thornton Rust Mission Room – Evening Prayer at 3pm
- West Witton church – Holy Communion at 4.30pm
West Witton church: Morning prayer at 9am every Monday; Holy Communion at 9.30am on Thursdays January 16 and 30.
EVENTS IN JANUARY
Wed 15th – 2pm, Wednesday Club Afternoon Tea Party, Redmire Village Hall
Wed 22nd – 11am, Deanery Prayer Meeting, St Mary and St Alkelda, Middleham
Mon 27th – 2.30pm, Prayer Fellowship at The Priory, Worton
FLOWER FESTIVAL at Aysgarth Church
Photographs of the flower festival during the Festival of Remembrance November 9-12 2018 can be seen by going to Aysgarth Festival of Remembrance.
And click here to see photographs of the flower festival during the Harvest Festival at St Andrew’s in September 2019.