Welcome to Penhill benefice: This benefice, which covers a large part of picturesque Wensleydale, consists of Aysgarth church (St Andrew’s), Castle Bolton church (St Oswald’s), Preston under Scar church (St Margaret’s), Redmire church (St Mary’s), Wensley church (Holy Trinity) and West Witton church (St Bartholomew’s) and Thornton Rust Mission Room.
Aysgarth church -St Andrew’s is open every day from 9am to 6pm in summer (or until dusk in winter) so why not pop in and see the famous Jervaulx Screen.
The medieval church of Holy Trinity at Wensley is also open each day, 9am to 4pm.
Car parking at St Andrew’s: RCP Parking (Church Bank) has kindly agreed to free parking on Sunday mornings for those who regularly attend St Andrew’s. Permits are available from Margaret Ferguson (650685). The charge for evening concerts is £1.50 and permits at reduced rates are available for weddings and funerals. A big thank you to RCP Parking!
Sunday December 1
- Aysgarth church – Penhill Together Holy Communion Advent Service at 10.30am
Sunday December 8
- West Witton church – Penhill Together Christingle Service at 10.30am
Saturday December 14
- Thoralby village hall – Carol Service at 3pm
Sunday December 15
- Aysgarth church – Carol Service at 11am
- Preston under Scar church – Holy Communion at 9.30am
- Redmire church – Carol Service at 4pm
- West Witton church – Carol Service at 6pm
Sunday December 22
- Aysgarth church – Holy Communion with carols at 11am
- Preston under Scar church – Carol Service at 6pm
- Redmire church – Morning Prayer at 9.30am
- Thornton Rust Mission Room – Carol Service at 3pm
- West Witton church – Holy Communion at 9.30am
At Redmire church: Morning Prayer at 8.30am on Wednesday December 4
At West Witton church: Morning Prayer every Monday at 9am; and Holy Communion at 9.30am on Thursdays December 5 and 19.
Wed 4th – 10.30am to noon, Christmas coffee morning, Village Hall, Redmire
Sat 7th – 8.30am, Men’s Breakfast, Sycamore Hall, Bainbridge
Sat 7th – 10am to 12noon, Christingles and Cookies! Come and join those decorating oranges for the Penhill Benefice Christingle Service
Mon 16th – 2.30pm, Prayer Fellowship, The Priory, Worton
Wed 18th – 2pm, Wednesday Club Christmas Party, Redmire Village Hall
Thurs 19th – 10.30am, Christmas Coffee Morning in aid of The Children’s Society at 1 Chantry Garth, West Witton, DL8 4NE. Admission £2.50 – all welcome.
FLOWER FESTIVAL at Aysgarth Church
Photographs of the flower festival during the Festival of Remembrance November 9-12 2018 can be seen by going to Aysgarth Festival of Remembrance.
And click here to see photographs of the flower festival during the Harvest Festival at St Andrew’s in September 2019.