Welcome to Penhill benefice: This benefice, which covers a large part of picturesque Wensleydale, consists of Aysgarth church (St Andrew’s), Castle Bolton church (St Oswald’s), Preston under Scar church (St Margaret’s), Redmire church (St Mary’s), Wensley church (Holy Trinity) and West Witton church (St Bartholomew’s) and Thornton Rust Mission Room.
The Rev Tom Ringland has been appointed as the new vicar of Penhill Benefice. He will be licensed at St Andrew’s Church, Aysgarth, at 7pm on Monday November 4.
Aysgarth church -St Andrew’s is open every day from 9am to 6pm in summer (or until dusk in winter) so why not pop in and see the famous Jervaulx Screen.
The medieval church of Holy Trinity at Wensley is also open each day, 9am to 4pm.
Car parking at St Andrew’s: RCP Parking (Church Bank) has kindly agreed to free parking on Sunday mornings for those who regularly attend St Andrew’s. Permits are available from Margaret Ferguson (650685). The charge for evening concerts is £1.50 and permits at reduced rates are available for weddings and funerals. A big thank you to RCP Parking!
Sunday October 13
- Aysgarth church – Holy Communion Penhill Together at 10.30am with the Ven Jonathan Gough, Archdeacon of Richmond and Craven.
Sunday October 20
- Aysgarth church – Holy Communion at 11am
- Preston under Scar church – Holy Communion at 9.30am
Sunday October 27
- Aysgarth church – Morning Service with baptism at 11am
- Preston under Scar church – Morning Service at 9.30am
- Redmire church – Morning Service at 9.30am
- Thornton Rust Mission Room – Evening Prayer at 3pm
- West Witton church – Morning Service at 9.30am
At West Witton church: Morning Prayer every Monday at 9am; and Holy Communion at 9.30am on Thursday October 17.
Gillian Vyner was Licensed as a Reader to Penhill Benefice at Holy Trinity, Ripon on Saturday September 28.
Fri 11th – 7 to 9pm, Wensleydale Filling Station at Newton le Willows village hall, speaker: Tim Chester, Boroughbridge Grace Church (The Crowded House)
Wed 16th – 2pm, Wednesday Club Afternoon Tea in Redmire village hall
Wed 23rd – 11am, Deanery Prayer Meeting, St Mary’s Kirkby Fleetham
Mon 28th – 7.30pm, Prayer Fellowship at The Priory, Worton
FLOWER FESTIVAL at Aysgarth Church
Photographs of the flower festival during the Festival of Remembrance November 9-12 2018 can be seen by going to Aysgarth Festival of Remembrance.